You are here:
With Outlook, in addition to the global address book of the UW/H, various address books can be used that are only relevant for certain areas, e.g. an address book of the Faculty of Health. These address books can be found in the so-called "Public Folders", which, despite their name, can only be accessed by a certain group of people.
- Press <Ctrl>6 or select the entry "Folder List" from the categories displayed at the bottom left (e-mail, calendar, etc.). The folder list is now displayed at the top left, where you will find "All Public Folders" below "Public Folders" and the folders for the individual faculties or the administration below that.
- Below the faculty folders you will find the individual address books for which you are authorised to access.
- Right-click on the desired address book and select "Properties" from the context menu.
- Now select the tab "Outlook address book" and activate the option "Show this folder as e-mail address book".
- Click again with the right mouse button on the desired address book and now select "Add to favourites" and then "Add"
- If you want to send a mail, you can select addresses from an address book by clicking on "To", "Cc" etc.. The default setting is always the global address book of UWH. If you have made other address books available to you as described under 1., you can select these address books in the address selection dialogue at the top right so that only the addresses and distribution lists of this address book are displayed to you.
- If you want to look up information such as the telephone or room number of a colleague, you can call up the address books via the small book symbol in the toolbar of the main window. You will then see the same window as for address selection when writing a new mail. Double-clicking on an entry will provide you with the desired information.
You have two options for editing address books:
a) Via the "Contacts" area
- Click on "Contacts" or press <Ctrl>3
- On the left-hand side of the screen, in the "Other contacts" area, you will find the address books that you added to your favourites in step 1 (see above).
- If you click on one of these address books, the content of this address book is displayed in the centre. You can change the type of display via the "View" menu (far left).
- Double-click on an existing contact or distribution list to open a dialogue where you can make changes.
- You can create new entries in the "...cards" views by right-clicking on an empty space and selecting "New contact" or "New distribution list". In the views with list display there is the field "Click here to create contact".
b) Via the address selection dialogue
- You can call up the address selection dialogue as described under 2.
- Double-click on an existing contact or an existing distribution list to open a dialogue where you can make changes.
- If you want to create a new contact or a new distribution list, open the menu item "New entry" from the "File" menu and select in the dialogue that appears whether you want to create a contact or an address book and in which address book the new object should be created. You will then see the dialogue for entering the data.