You are here:
If you cannot answer incoming mails for a certain time (e.g. on vacation), the out of office assistant allows all senders who send them a mail during this time to automatically receive an out of office note with a text created by them.
Note: for team mailboxes such as "applicants", "websupport" etc. automatic replies *cannot* be set up. The concept of these mailboxes is that several people can always access them, and they will then also substitute for each other when they are absent. Therefore, automatic replies do not make sense for these mailboxes.
This is how you set up automatic replies:
- Call up the menu item "File" - "Automatic replies".
- Activate the radio button "Send automatic replies".
- Activate "Send only during this period" and enter the period of your absence.
- Enter a notification text for university members ("Within my organization") and, if required, also for external senders ("Outside my organization").
- When activating automatic replies to senders outside UWH, you can choose whether these automatic replies should be sent to all senders ("Everyone outside my organization") or only to people known to them for whom you have already created a contact in an address book. The latter is often useful to avoid that mails you receive via mail distribution lists or that have a special function ("Reply to this mail to subscribe to the newsletter..") are also answered automatically - and unwanted.
Tip: If you start Outlook during the out-of-office period, a notice appears at the top of the screen that automatic replies are being sent. You can then simply turn off the automatic replies by clicking the "Disable" button. Of course, this can also be set at any time via the Out of Office Assistant (see above).