You are here:
Your default password - your key to the IT of the UW/H
With the issue of the access data you will receive a password from us, with which you can use most of the IT services of the UW/H:
- Login to the UW/H computers
- Outlook or Outlook Web App (OWA - https://owa.uni-wh.de)
- Internal area of the website (Intranet - https://intranet.uni-wh.de)
- eduroam (inter-university WLAN
- Database research in the library
- Feedback form
This password must be changed every 180 days for security reasons.
Please use our password self-service to be able to set a new password yourself in case of a forgotten password and to receive emails reminding you early about the next expiration date of your password.
In addition, there are still accesses to systems that require a separate password. If you need access to these systems, you will also receive the necessary access data when you receive your access authorization.
Basically, your default password must meet certain complexity requirements:
- The password must be at least 8 characters long.
- It must contain characters from at least 3 different character groups (upper case, lower case, digits, special characters). Please refrain from using umlauts, as these cannot be processed correctly by all relevant systems.
- It must not be identical to any of the last 8 passwords used.
Change password? Forgotten your password? Use the self-service!
Here you have the possibility to assign yourself a new password - without the support of the BIT - via any internet access, even if you have forgotten your old password.
To be able to replace a forgotten password with a new one, you have to log in to the system and enter an external e-mail address once!
This is how it works:
- You must have a still valid - not expired password !
- Log in with this password to the password self-service https://pw.selfservice.uni-wh.de .
- Please click on the button "Update profile" and enter an alternative e-mail address(it must not be the address of the UW/H!!!!).
- Click on "Update".
Have you forgotten your password?
Please open the page https://pw.selfservice.uni-wh.de, and click there on "Forgot your password". Further instructions will then be sent to your on file (non-UW/H) email address.
When assigning a new password, always consider the complexity requirements (see above)!
If you have not registered with our self-service, please contact our support(bit-support(at)uni-wh.de) so that we can reset your password manually. However, we can only send you this password in written form by either depositing this information at the info desk of the campus building or by mail only to an address deposited at the UW/H after consultation with you. Transmission by telephone or mail is not possible for security reasons.
Even if you still know your password, you can change it here at any time by selecting "Change Password".
If you have changed your password, be sure to change it on all devices (cell phones, tablets, PCs with e-mail software, if applicable) that you use to synchronize your e-mails. Repeated login attempts with your old password (not changed on these devices) may result in your account being locked before it is automatically unlocked again after 30 minutes!
If you can't log in but you are not sure if there is still a saved password somewhere, please deactivate the password storage completely and access it again after half an hour.