You are here:
Outlook on a private Windows PC
If you already use Outlook on your PC for other mailboxes, please start with b)
a) You are not using Microsoft Outlook on your computer yet
- Open Control Panel -> User Accounts -> E-mail.
- Add a new profile by selecting the item "Add..." and give the new profile a name in the following dialog (e.g. Outlook).
- Continue as described under c).
b) You are already using Microsoft Outlook on your computer for other mail accounts:
- Please open "File" -> "Account Settings" -> "Account Settings".
- Select in the tab E-mail (normally already opened) -> New
c) this is how it continues...
- Enter your name, university email address and password. -> Next
- Outlook automatically recognizes our server based on the e-mail address and can set up your mailbox accordingly. You may be asked to enter your password again. If the automatic configuration fails, you may have to enter your UW/H username in the form uwh\<username> and your password again.
- After you have closed all dialog boxes with "Next", "Finish" etc., you can start Outlook. Enter your username in the form uwh\<username> and your password, and Outlook will be prepared for first use. After a short wait, you will then see your university mailbox.