You are here:
Integrate mailboxes in Outlook
How to include a team mailbox or another employee's mailbox in Outlook or Outlook Web Access:
- Go to the menu item "File" - "Account settings" -> "Account settings".
- Select your account <your name>@uni-wh.de and click on "Change".
- The dialog box "Change e-mail account" will open. Click on "Additional settings" here.
- The dialog box "Microsoft Exchange" opens. Select the "Advanced" tab here and then click on "Add".
- In the "Add mailbox" dialog box, enter the name of the central mailbox (usually "FAX-xxx" for fax mailboxes) that you want to include. Entering the first few letters is generally sufficient, since Outlook will automatically add the full name after confirming the entry with "OK" or will make suggestions for the full name if the entry was not unique.
- After confirming the selected name with "OK", the name of the additional mailbox to be opened is displayed in the "Microsoft Exchange" dialog box.
- Close all still opened dialog windows with "OK", "Next" -> "Finish" and "Close". The integration of the mailbox into your Outlook configuration is now complete.
You will find the newly added mailbox on the left in the list of mail folders, below your own mailbox and can work with it - within the scope of the rights granted to you - largely in the same way as with your own mailbox.
Tip: If you want to use the additionally opened mailbox as sender for a new mail, activate the "From" field in the "Options" tab of the form for a new mail. An additional field for the sender address will then be displayed.
In Outlook Web Access:
- Please call owa.uni-wh.de to open your personal mailbox first.
- Right-click on your name, which is displayed in the left column -> select "Add shared folder".
- Type in the name of the mailbox you want to add. You can click "Search contacts and directory" after the first characters you type to get matching suggestions and save yourself typing.
- Click "Add" -> Done The additionally included mailbox now appears in the left column below your personal mailbox - just like in Outlook.
- Important:If you want to send a mail from the additional mailbox instead of your personal mailbox, please make sure that you have also selected the mail address of this additional mailbox in the "From" line! (If you have never sent a mail from this mailbox before, you cannot select the name of the mailbox by clicking on "From", but you have to enter the name manually once then. For all following mails you can then select the mailbox by clicking on "From". When entering manually, it is sufficient to enter only the first letters - by clicking on "Search contacts and directory", all addresses in question will then be displayed).
If you get the error message "The folder cannot be displayed" when trying to open an additionally included mailbox, despite an existing connection to the Exchange server, then this is most likely due to the fact that you do not have access rights for this mailbox.