You are here:
How to apply
If you would like to apply for a study place at one of our partner universities for the acad. year 2024/2025 (Winter semester 24/25 & Summer semester 2025), please send the following documents to email@example.com by 07 January 2024:
- Application form (template in the download area)
- Letter of motivation (for the university of your first choice; approx. 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificate of enrollment
- Transcript of Records (issued by your department)
- Language certificate: you must not be more than one level below the language level required by the partner university at the time of your application. The language requirements of the partner universities are listed in the following document: "Language Requirements of Partner Universities". If you would like to apply for several partner universities that require knowledge of different languages, please submit proof for each of the languages.
- official language certificate (English: e.g. TOEFL; French: e.g. DELF DALF; Spanish: e.g. DELE; Italian: e.g. CELI)
- confirmation of participation in language course
- proof of stay abroad for several months
- successful completion of foreign language university modules
- school leaving certificate mentioning the attained language level
- if available: Proof of voluntary work during your studies
- if applicable: Erasmus+ Additional Funding - Declaration on Honour (information + template in the download area)
The selection will be made on the basis of the following criteria: Letter of motivation, study progress, grade point average, previous experience abroad and honorary commitment. We will inform you about the result of the selection process in February.
You can apply for places that are still available after the regular application deadline, which will be advertised here.
Places available for study abroad in the academic year 2023/2024
You would like to study abroad in the academic year 2023/2024 (winter semester 23/24 & summer semester 24) but have missed the application deadline? Then apply for one of the places still available. Remaining places are allocated on a "first come, first serve" basis. Please follow the instructions and deadlines for the respective semester. We look forward to receiving your application!
Erasmus+ funding rates
Funding rates for stays in the academic year 2021/2022 and 2022/2023
Group 1 (450 euros per month): Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden.
Group 2 (monthly 390 euros): Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.
Group 3 (monthly 330 euros): Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, FYROM, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey.
Funding rates for stays in the academic year 2023/2024
Group 1 (600 euros per month): Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden.
Group 2 (monthly 540 euros): Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.
Group 3 (monthly 490 euros): Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, FYROM, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey.
Erasmus+ Fewer Opportunities
Participants with fewer opportunities can apply for a monthly top-up payment and, if applicable, payment of real costs. For detailed information, please refer to the information sheet in the download area.
The modalities vary depending on the project.
Erasmus+ Project 2021 (from WS 2022/2023)
Target group: Participants with a child, a GdB of 20 or more or a chronic disease
Real costs: up to 15000€/semester for participants with a GdB of 20 or more or a chronic disease
Erasmus+ Project 2022 (from WS 2023/2024)
Target group: Participants with a child, a GdB of 20 or more or a chronic illness, working students and students from a non-academic household
Real costs: up to 15000€/semester for participants with children, participants with a GdB of 20 or more or a chronic illness.
Erasmus+ Green Travel
To reduce the environmental footprint of the Erasmus+ program, green travel will be financially rewarded. For detailed information, please refer to the document "Erasmus+ Green Travel - Information Sheet".
Erasmus+ Project 2021 (from WS 2022/2023) and Erasmus+ Project 2022 (from WS 2023/2024).
You can receive a one-time top-up payment of 50€ and additional funding of up to 4 travel days for green travel. Please submit a declaration on honour (template in the download area)
- We will inform you about the next steps. In the Outgoing-Guide Study Abroad you will also find answers to common questions about studying abroad and the Flowchart Study Abroad will guide you step by step through the process.
- If you would like to rent out your apartment during your time abroad, please send us an email or contact ESN Witten.
Do you have any questions? Then contact us.